Tuesday 31 August 2021

August Favourites

 August was a moderately productive month, I had a couple of Christmas card designs I particularly liked, but I don't normally post those this early. Apart from that - not so much. I had been working full-time for a while and there wasn't much time or energy left for creating.

I do have a couple of knitting projects, I just need to take photos. A cowl and a winter jacket, ready for the colder weather coming in. And something else, but that was a gift so it will have to wait.

Saturday morning was beautiful and I dragged C out of bed and to the Botanic Gardens. It was set-up week for the Sculpture in Context exhibition, so we will be going back. I hope to get some of my photos uploaded during the week - here are two of my favourites along with my three favourite cards.





The steampunk dragonfly was very cool, I'll add some close-up shots when I get back with some of the florals. His eyes are headlamp reflectors, and there's all sorts of other stuff there. I look forward to finding out what it is actually titled. And the jellyfish was beautiful, but the reflective umbrella was very hard to photograph. Maybe I'll do better next time. We were also trying to get to the car park before our parking went up another euro. 





2 comments:

Wavejumper said...

You already know I like the owl card.

the sculpture is cool. I love jellyfish. Interesting idea.

hugs Margot

Lorraine said...

Awesome cards. Love that background for the owl- that was a great choice. Looking forward to seeing more of the sculptures.