Friday 19 April 2019

Greystones

I visited my aunt during the week, and since it was the first of the lovely warm sunny (actually, quite hazy but still a vast improvement) day after some very cold grey days, I took an earlier train and went for a walk along the seafront first. I can't remember what the big tall plants are called - they have a single decorative flowering stalk. Anyway, they had obviously all been severely cut back and I really liked the way the wind over the winter had frayed all the ends.

I've been seeing plenty of bluebells out - which feels early as I think of them more as May flowers.

The first photo, it always amuses me to see now. This is pretty much high tide - and the chances of anyone diving in are slim and remote. But in my childhood days it was a bathing spot even at low tide.





Turnstones







2 comments:

Lorraine said...

I am in love with those Turnstones. Their colorations are beautiful. And that last photo is awesome. So many textures and colors. Great eye. I'm thinking those plants that were cut down were Yucca's. That seems to be quite a big bunch of them.

Sabrina said...

I think perhaps, now I've taken time to Google "seaside plants", that they're some sort of phormium. One sees them a lot in coastal gardens here, they must stand up to the salt and the wind well.