Sunday 30 September 2018

September Favourites

Hmm - it seems to have been a pretty blaah month as far as card-making goes!  I did really enjoy trying Anita's book fold, which turned out to be far less complicated than I was expecting. Her pdf tutorial is found at the bottom of THIS post. I think the only things I did differently were to sponge the edges of the "pages" before assembly, and to cut a frame to use to neaten the top layer when the card is open.   The card with the reading owl on the front went to my book-loving niece along with an Amazon voucher. The Once Upon a Time card  - well, you know who you are! I couldn't find any suitable digital images to download for the front, so I ended up designing my own in GIMP - I've never used so many layers in my life before. The Irish Blessing card I made to give to Anita when I got to meet her - a memory of Ireland to take back to France.








1 comment:

Lorraine said...

They're beautiful and now I'm going to have to investigate that tutorial. We recently sent a card to our grandson and in the little video his mom sent us of him opening it up, he called it a dinosaur book but seemed very disappointed that there wasn't more to the inside. This would have been perfect.