Saturday 2 September 2017

Birds and a Birdhouse

I took a few photos of a heron on the way to work the other morning. It was low tide, and the particular place the heron was standing meant that I could take photos where it didn't look as much as if I was in the centre of the city.




And here is my card for this week using images (and paper) from Art Neko.  It's a shaker card, using what I imagine to be a birdhouse from the Flowers and Whimsy sheet, along with butterflies from the same sheet, a vertical birthday sentiment and some ATC collage paper.  The base has some coarse mesh stitched to it, and I added some leaf ribbon trim with lots of Liquid Pearls to suggest flowers. I can't remember what die I was using, but the shaker element was all the little pieces popped out from it, they've been sitting in a little pot on my desk ever since.



2 comments:

Lorraine said...

I don't know why I find herons so fascinating but I do. Lucky you to get so close. Looks like he/she is banded. Your card is beautiful. The mesh and the vine are such wonderful textural elements.

Clare said...

Love the pictures you take of birds. Cute card!