Saturday 5 January 2013

Stop, thief!

I've been putting out half apples skewered into the ground for the blackbirds - in particular we have a couple of hen blackbirds who have been really enjoying them.
But sometimes I would find no remnants at all, instead of finding the empty skins, which I put in the compost.
Now we know why!!
The little rascal - we saw him pull it off the skewer and scramble up the wall with it. Now I've tried using two skewers at an angle so he can't just whip the apple off - he'll have to pull the skewers out of the ground.




Coming back for seconds, looking as innocent as I don't know what!


And all because somebody thought a few grey squirrels would make a lovely, interesting wedding gift a hundred years ago



.

1 comment:

Sabriel said...

ah! he is so cute with his tail blowing in the wind - shame they are such bad news for our native red ones, would be nice if they could both live in harmony