Monday 25 July 2016

Snowy Egrets

We saw lots and lots of egrets - great, little and cattle - when we visited the Camargue in southern France. But I'll save those photos till I get that far in my holiday photo editing and posting.

On another of our outings, we visited Rousillon in the Vaucluse, and walked along the trail through an old ochre quarry. I used some Christmas gift money to buy some beautiful pigments. Since it was impossible to choose between the great range of earth tones and the wonderful bright vivid colours, I ended up treating myself to one of the larger sets.




And these are what I used to colour my Art Neko offering for this week:

ArtNeko

ArtNeko

I stamped the Shoson Five Snowy Egrets with wee calligraphy on watercolour paper, added a little colour to the beaks with pencils and then watercoloured the background.
I recently came across this spatter mesh from way back, and thought it would pick up perfectly on the snowy scene - so I simply added it to a black base, edged the base with a silver pen and edged the mesh with Liquid Pearls. To finish I added a button and silver cording.


3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Your card is stunningly beautiful. I love the subject matter and you've colored it wonderfully. So glad you treated yourself - great purchase. And that screen - wow! What makes it complete is your silver framing with the hashes. What a brilliant idea.

Clare said...

What a beautiful card! . . . and all those wonderful colors. It is good to treat yourself once in awhile!

Hetty said...

Beautiful card, Sabina and great coloring. Great background to this image.