Friday 1 September 2017

August Favourites...

August appears to have been a creative month even though it didn't feel like it, lots of cards I was very happy with...




This next one was for the mixed media challenge on SCS; we were to be inspired by the artwork on the cover of a favourite book. That required some thought - not all my favourite books have very inspiring covers (To Kill a Mockingbird, for example). And while I love Terry Pratchett's Discworld books, the covers are a mile away from my own style. As I thought about books, my mind went back to Paul Gallico's The Man who was Magic, one of my favourite of his books. My copy has long ago lost its dust-jacket, but I had memories of it, and was able to confirm them by checking the book out online.








2 comments:

Joan B said...

these are beautiful. i just read your note. I am very sorry about your Dad. My sympathies.

Lorraine said...

Sabrina, these are all so beautiful. You've had a very artistically prolific month. I've been a bit of a slug card-wise this month - I'm motivated by your creativity.