Wednesday 14 September 2016

It's Those Snails Again...

It's been a long time since I made a waterfall card, so here's one using the Silly Snails from Art Neko again. Yes, I know technically a waterfall card should cascade downwards - but for some reason practically all the ones I have ever made run sideways like this one.

There is a little sparkle on the snails' shells, but it's hard to see. Also I wonder if maybe the Spectrum Noir glitter overlay pen doesn't work as well on a smooth surface such as the Polychromos pencils leave. I'm experimenting today to see if using one on watercoloured paper works better...




The coloured embossed background piece was in my scrap box, so apart from Liquid Pearls, I'm not sure what's on it. I was happy to find some ribbon that went well with it. I like stitching round the card to secure the strip that that waterfall is attached to, as a less bulky alternative to brads or eyelets.

I'd rather have my snails on a card than in the garden. I see that they have demolished one chilli plant entirely, and another one is rapidly disappearing.

No comments: