Tuesday 19 July 2016

Hoot Hoot

Another card with Art Neko stamps - this week I used the Wise Owl on a Branch with Calligraphy. He's stamped on a piece of wrinkle-free distress card, then I masked him off and reverse masked a moon. First I smudged the moon in with luster rub-ons and then I dusted it with one of the interference Perfect Pearls for some shimmer.
I could have sworn I had some perfect paper with Chinese characters on it but it must have all got used up; while looking for it, I found this beautiful blue marbled paper which said "night sky" to me - so I used it.
There's some embossed black stitching along the card base, picked up by the machine stitching at the top of the card. I added a die-cut feather  (Spellbinders)- and even had some owl washi tape to dress the inside up a tiny bit.







One of our trips in France was to the Camargue. We visited a bird reservation there. Almost all the birds were wild and free, but at the entrance there were a few enclosures with rescue birds which had been injured and which they weren't able to release back into the wild. One of the enclosures had some Eagle Owls.




1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Your card is composed beautifully. Those papers are perfect. What a great image. And I think the owl pictures are pretty cool too. What beautiful colors and patterning they have.