Sunday 25 August 2013

Almost Missing in Action

I thought I'd better post something before August is over! I don't know where it has gone, but it's just zipping by.

With the schools still out (not for much longer) the traffic into town has been so light in the mornings that I've had more time than normal for watching the birds at Heuston Station.
One morning I spotted a black-headed gull with a ring, and I spotted him again the next morning. I was directed to a website to look up all the various ringing projects, and it turns out that he was ringed as a young male last year in Antwerp in the Netherlands. I'm still watching out for him, but except at low tide when the birds are on the mudflats, it's hard to spot the ring.



There is also a one-legged gull: I've spent a lot of time watching over the last few days to make sure, and having watched him take off and land, I am certain that it is that he just has one leg, and not that he prefers to stand on one when he's perched. I'll try to edit and upload a photo of him this week - I have a few in the camera, just haven't looked at them yet.

Favourite cards for July...








I'm surprised to discover I have any gold embossing powder left after the Asian fish one. It's still just a piece of heavy card, in case I decide that I would prefer to turn it into a hanging rather than use it on a card.

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Hope you've been filling up your summer with lots of fun stuff. How observant of you to see that band. I would have missed it. Your cards are all superb. It is easy to see that you love what you do and you do it so well!

Sabriel said...

I LOVE the Asian fish, definitely use it as a hanging, it's gorgeous. I haven't been uploading stuff on my blog either, I've been making things but somehow I always forget to take photos and upload. I'm blaming the heat!