Tuesday 22 November 2011

Sunny Park Day

I was on a day off today and it was a beautiful sunny day with blue skies. Still can't drive the car, waiting for circuit diagrams and so on...but I hopped on the bus and went for a walk.





The American Wood Duck has been so hard to get a good photo of in the water - I think because its plumage is so dark - but on land I managed to get some much better ones.

I saw a lot of rippling in the water at one end of the lake and spotted a little rat swimming along. I don't know if we have water rats or if it was just a regular one, and he's so small in the photo that it would be hard to tell. I was looking to see what caused the ripples in case it was the terrapin I saw a while back.


In Farmleigh I saw a little bluetit feeding from the base of a tree - shooting into the sun, so the photos aren't the best. Makes a change from seeing them on the feeders here, though.




Lots of toadstools around - this one was lovely:






Plenty of holly berries too. I was intrigued by this little sapling which must have rooted from a berry a bird dropped into the cleft in the tree trunk.

2 comments:

Sabriel said...

what lovely pictures, they have given me a lift after a very long day at work, ready for bed now, sigh.

Lorraine said...

Exercise and gorgeous photos. Sounds very much like a wonderful day off. I love the lacy texture of the toadstool and the dew on the grass is such an added bonus to the shot.