Saturday 30 July 2011

While the Sun Shines...

...make hay.

Most of this week was dull and grey - some of it was almost like winter apart from being warm. Thursday was one of those oppressive leaden grey skies, with enough drizzly rain to make you wet but not enough to warrant an umbrella.
But Wednesday, which was one of my days off, was a beautiful sunny summer's morning. I went to the park, where they were busy making hay while the sun shone. Apart from the dust making me sneeze a bit, I really enjoyed watching them, along with the feel of the grass beneath my feet and the lovely smell. And if we have another hard winter, it looks as if there's plenty of feed for the deer.



















Poor C was bitterly disappointed because by the time he got home from work it was back to being grey and cloudy - at least he got a little sunshine this morning.

(Well, that's strange. There are two embedded videos, but only one is showing in Preview. I'll just have to post and see what happens. If Making Hay 2 is AWOL I'll put it in another post.)

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I saw them both - and again you've shown me something I've never seen before. I've seen those rolled bales but never how they came about. I would have been sneezing right along side of you!