Monday 20 June 2011

Tweedledum and Tweedledee


Flying visit from me and the birds. I was worried because I hadn't seen the little robins for a few days, but my sister said she thought she saw one when she was here. She just wasn't sure if it was a dunnock, as there are plenty of them around. She probably saw both! I spotted these two briefly the next day, but they seem to have given up foraging on the patio and have become much more timid.

There was an enormous amount of territorial robin song at one stage yesterday when No-tail and Scarface were both around, along with the (presumably) female who happily kept on scavenging for food. I suppose the tail will grow and the wound will heal and I won't be able to tell them apart any more, but even if it's only for a short while it's nice to be able to tell them apart.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

No-tail and Scarface - sounds like you've got quite a gang there!