Wednesday 24 November 2010

A Miscellany

I went to the doctor on Monday evening. I was glad that the appointment I got was quite late and I could ask C to drive me, as the weather was really bad. And I was even more glad when the indicators stopped working just as we started on our way back. Motorway driving and several roundabouts with no indicators is not my idea of fun. A new relay seems to have solved the problem at least temporarily...
The doctor wouldn't take any money for the visit. So I was glad that I had this card from C which he made over the weekend as a thank you for the last time he went when she didn't charge anything either! He put a lot of work into it, making it twice as he wasn't happy with the first one. We need to find a better source of white card. A rushed photo,  because there wasn't much time between him producing it from the atlas where it was being pressed flat and when we had to leave...



More bare trees - for some reason there was a shower of white berries on the ground round this tree in particular, and very few left on the tree. The thrushes seem to like these berries a lot - I've now seen them chasing other birds away from similar trees several times, quite aggressively.



1 comment:

Lorraine said...

That sounds like quite a harrowing adventure. I am quite in awe of your husband's handiwork. He must be a very patient man. I do hope that you are feeling better. You've got me wondering what that tree is with the white berries. I can see the inspiration in the white buttons on your card and the glittery swirls.