Monday 16 November 2009

Bird in the Garden

Last Thursday I bought a tub of mealworms for our little robin, as I'd run out of all the ones I'd saved from a mixed bag of bird food. And of course, I didn't see him again till today. He'll come so close - I need to remember to have the camera ready. In fact, he was so close that I couldn't focus on him while he came to feed from beside the back step - but I snapped him sitting on the wall instead. I know - how many pictures of robins have I already got!
I thought this week was going to be busy in work, so this morning I got up early and made a start on the housework and brought the big bird-feeder in to clean. I hung up a bag of sunflower seeds to keep the birds going, but it was just lying on the ground when I came home. I think the big birds like the pigeons try to take food, and pull it off...so I'd better go and fill up the normal one and hang it out again.

No comments: